Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Christmas Overview

To put it simply, I had a wonderful Christmas, and it is still continuing into this weekend. I always start Christmas with my mother. My brother and I spend Christmas Eve at her house, waking up to start the day with her as well with breakfast and gifts, then head to my father's house for more food and presents. (My parents are divorced, if you have not already guessed from this post). 

This Christmas was a success, while I did receive much of what I asked for. But even more importantly, I have an incredible family and I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people on a daily basis, especially during the holidays. I realize more and more each day how truly lucky I am to have the life that I have, and I could not be more thankful for it or the people I am surrounded by.

I am currently visiting family up north to finish off this holiday season. More food, more presents, parties, and people. I love the holidays. They are just so festive and full of love, and I love being able to spend this much time with the ones that I love the most. 

This coming Monday I will leave again for school so I can spend New Year's Eve with my wonderful boyfriend, which I am looking forward to immensely. This is the first time I've spent this much time away from him since a few months ago, and I must say, I miss him dearly. I am looking forward to exchanging gifts with him and I am especially looking forward to bringing in the new year with him. I just feel so blessed and thankful to be able to have a man like him by my side, especially during the holidays (and always).

I just feel so blessed in general to be able to spend the holidays with such wonderful people, and I truly am thankful for this wonderful life of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment